Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th reflections

Holidays are tricky. Parts of us have memories- of wonder, or dreams, or sad family gatherings, or probably all of the above. There are the idealized pictures of the holiday on tv, and the real disappointment some of us had when trying to live up to them in real life.

Today I'm going to try to find out what my parts need. One need seems to be nostalgia- looking at old pictures, remembering past times. Another need is to do something meaningful- write things (thus , this blog), plan some actions that I can take this week to make a contribution to the world. And I have a need for fun and frolic! :)

I will make plans to fill these needs in the next few hours. Hope you have a good holiday and meet your own needs also. Imagine our country if we all were a little more connected with our own deeper needs in a consistent way.

Have a good 4th!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment