Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Church for Parts?

I play flute, and I spent this morning playing for a church service. It made
parts of me sad and wistful. I don't belong to a church and don't really
believe in God as people in most churches talk about "Him". But I would still
like some of the other things in church- kids belonging to a fun group learning
about what is real and holy in the world, ritual and singing and uplifting
messages, hopeful community that supports each other through sickness and death
as well as birth and marriage.

In some ways my IFS training group was a little like that-encouraging each
other, sharing about joys and trials, experiencing deep feelings and spiritual
experiences together.

I would like to experience things like this more regularly. I'm thinking about
starting a meetup group, or maybe a subgroup within a church or other community,
that would fill some of these roles for me.
Most particularly, my parts would like for other people to recognize them and
share a common belief that loving and healing parts is a holy activity.

Maybe as I put the request out there it will be "heard" and "answered"
by......the universe?

Have a blessed week :)

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment