Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter and parts

Easter is an up-and-down holiday for people around me. I was listening to someone describe his church experience growing up; he was recalling the horrifying priest's invitation to feel what it must have been like for Jesus to have nails driven into his hands. I was remembering hiding Easter eggs full of candy for my children, and dinners with extended family when I was growing up. Some things our parts may miss, and others they may be grateful to be out of (or somewhat stuck in like the nails in the hands).

Life continues at a breakneck pace, and my inner healing does also. There are revelations piled on healings and compounded by new/old wounds that are jostled. I'm thankful that I can do inner sessions with my parts, while also realizing that I won't be able to process everything that is coming up. If I can find a few moments to breathe and enjoy the healing that I DO experience (from a new church home to the baby leaves at the nature center), I count myself lucky!

Blessings this Spring/Easter/Challenging/Glorious day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment